Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 31 May 2012

Mermaids and book talk




Hi Everyone
Weather report is again a bit disappointing - its showers and wet ! Where has the sun gone ?
Lots of stuff to do today. I've got loads of house cleaning - I've been putting this off for too long. We have a scout camp to prepare for tomorrow and to my surprise the kids have a day off school tomorrow - I had thought half term 'hols' started tomorrow evening ! But no - its this evening.
Also having my Dad and friend for coffee in the morning - again, my planning has gone out the window and my thoughts of a civilised affair on the patio is unlikely - the weather and the kids are conspiring to stop this before it starts !! Such as life !
However, art will be 'my salvation' or will it ? When can I fit in my hopes for Nigella. I tinkered a little yesterday, but I'm not sure anyone else would recognise my progress. I will achieve something !

A few things to share :


Suzi Mermaid
This is a Suzi Blu stamp - coloured and decorating a little moleskin. Suzi is my hero - I'm sharing this because I want to do a new painting using this stamp and adding a mermaid of my own (inspired by this very stamp).


My Mermaid
Here she is. I will redraw and add lots of little embellishments.


mermaid picture embellishments
I hope to use these sketches and will develop some more. I want the mermaid painting to be a larger piece - perhaps A3 size ? Not sure. Need to source the wood.


Love this picture of Sarah Strackan's beautiful dolls - in an iron bed. Absolutely wonderful. She has lots of examples collections - go take a look and be inspired. The dolls make me smile everytime I look at them. I would like to make one of my character dolls into such a doll. Maybe one day.
Sarah Starckans Dolls



I also am going to read this book next - we have a holiday next week and am hopeful of a little reading time ! Not sure if I wil get it.
I plan to include some 'book talk' in my blog - not sure what format this will take but I like to idea of discussing books. Many of my paintings have book stories or links.
Will announce my plan when it comes to me.

Thats it for today.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment