Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 12 October 2012

Crochet Hopes - again !




Hi Everyone
The weather has improved enormously in the past hour and its almost sunny. Great news.
Not so great news - I'm struggling with a virus. I may go to bed for a few hours. It's in the balance at the moment.

On a more optimistic note - work has been going well recently and FROM SCRATCH is moving at a pace. I was hoping to get a separate page on this blog about my book but need to use the PC to set it up. I don't use the PC much (I use my iPad most of time ) so the job has moved down the list. I think it would be good to have a separate page as a record of progress as well as an opportunity to share. I hope to put this into place this weekend. It's a 5 min job, so not undo able ! or is it ?

Yesterday, I managed to add a little to my handmade book ( now dedicated to drawing insects). I have it on my desk in the studio and every now and again, I add something to the cover. Many of the additions are materials destined for the bin or left over ink on a stamp etc. I love this idea - using up every last element. My Granny was legendary for this 'waste not want not' approach to life, it must be in my genes.



As you see, I've added some beads to the string and this has transformed the feel of the book. Now, I can start to use the book.

I saw this lovely item a few days ago - the shape and colours of the piece inspire me to paint my version of this, I think I'd incorporate it into a painting. I'm not sure who has made this but I will find out and credit the work.


It's the kind of thing that I would like to use everyday to eat from. Not sure everyone in my family would like the pinks but who knows ? Should they notice ?

Here is another lovely thing :



And here is the tutorial link Tutorial
I long to be able to crochet 'with ease' - I'm going to do it now. Will report my efforts next blog. I'm going to give myself an hour - only !

Well, that's it for this week. Have a great weekend.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment