Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 29 November 2012

Day 11 - STAR GARLANDS to make.




Hi Everyone
A very 'frosty' day and very low sunshine, early in the morning. It's a lovely view from my window. Glad I'm indoors !!
Today is Day 11 - the penultimate day of Christmas Prep@ thepapersac. It's a STAR GARLAND.




This little garland is approximately 120cm long and my plans are to have several linked to cover (subtlety) a number of large windows in our house and frame a display on a 'side serving' table for Christmas. I will also dress my table for a little Christmas Lunch I'm having for a few close friends, in a few weeks. Will take some photos and share.
To make the garland, I've cut out some stars from a sheet of good quality wrapping paper - this paper has a 'cloth-like' feel and holds the shape well. Each garland section (120cm) has 8 stars and each star needs a front and back. I've used paper string in white to form the garland. One end is simply tied to make a loop and the other will link with a star to increase the length. When I'm happy with the final size, I will add another loop to finish and allow for hanging. The photos show the detail.










My stars are 'sandwiched' together with the string. This is a very simple and quick way to produce a stylish garland. The specific paper used, defines the style of the garland - so lots of variety in this very simple make. To make a real impact, lots of garlands are needed. I will use up a single sheet of standard wrapping paper and a real of paper string.





My materials came from Paperchase and IKEA.



Other jobs for me today are cooking my Christmas cake, it takes forever on a very low heat. I'm looking forward to the lovely smells which will fill the house for a week.

I'm also planning to do a little crochet practice for a workshop on Sat. I'm so looking forward to the event. Will share what I achieve after the weekend.

More Christmas cards to make and even more tags to send off. Thank you to everyone for their custom this year.

Must get on.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment