Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 23 November 2012

Day 5 - it's STICKERS today.




Hi Everyone
A lovely bright and sunny day. Blue sky but cold ! Well it is almost December !
It's Day 5 today- my offer for 'Christmas Prep' is something I'm calling a STICKER. Every year I make a large batch of these things. I use the stickers in lots of ways for decorating cards, envelopes, presents, tags etc. This year I've co ordinated the stickers with my Christmas card and will use them with all my Christmas stuff.



I've made up a range of shapes with slightly different sizes. The embellishments used bring the stickers together as a collection and work well when wrapped. Embellishments use the same red,gold and music papers. Ive used very simple stars or a holly die and a simple message stamp. I've also used a number of die cuts with a range of embossing folders to form the stickers. Most of the materials are left over scraps from making cards and/or other projects, I particularly like this 'up cycling' idea.

I've also developed lots of the 'ticket-like' stickers (the strip at the top of the picture) - these little pieces of paper are stamped with 'A Day to Celebrate' message and give a lovely grunge style element to whatever they are attached to. I use these stickers all the time for lots of projects. The stickers are made 'stickers' with double sided tape - allowing a quick attachment for most surfaces.
I've made up an envelope in the music sheet paper (as in my Day 3 offer) this envelope is a bigger item and uses 2 sheets of A4 the finished envelope is approximately 22x16cm. I've taken a few photos showing how I could use the stickers on such an envelope.



























As you can see the small stickers can lift a design and give a 'luxury feel' to any envelope of could even be added to make a simple small card or tag. A bought envelope can also immediately acquire a 'hand made' feel.
Here are a few photos to illustrate the card or tag idea.









That's it for Day 5 'STICKERS'. Hope you give it a go.

Usually, I blog Mon to Fri but because of my 12 Days of Christmas Prep @ thepapersac , I'm still here tomorrow and Sunday. I will have another two ideas for 'prep'.
Christmas seems to be coming rather quickly. Other than the prep Ive done here, I'm very behind on presents etc. I must get my lists up on the Wish List board and get going.
I did do a little more work on the 'crochet card' project but nothing worth showing. I hope to finish the card today. Will share any progress when/if !!!

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment