Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 15 November 2012

Reducer Clasp ?


Hi Everyone
A little cloudy and dull today but quite mild again. This will do for me.
I spent some more time trying to produce a bracelet like the one I shared a few blogs back. Here it is again




When I first saw the pictures I thought I would be able to just get to it ! However, it's not as easy as it looks. The process is OK - it's just a chain with some beads woven in. The problem is the 'tension' or rather my tension. I've done some different experiments with different size hooks and yarns and beads. I have a variety of all of these things but am not convinced they will all work (even when my crochet technique is improved). I didn't have the clasp shown in the picture and 'procurement '( love this word and am always looking for an opportunity to use it) is almost impossible in the UK ( my bit of it anyway - which includes all major online shops) I have found an 'almost item'. It's not here yet. The clasp is called lots of things but my 'almost item' is called a 'reducer clasp'. Have a quick look at my initial efforts.




Number 1 uses hemp yarn and wooden beads -obviously it would look different with lots of strands.




Number 2 is same wooden beads with cotton yarn (I think this is closest - especially when there are lots of strands.




Number 3 is the second as for 2 in a better angle.




Number 4 is a smaller bead and same cotton yarn. I did think this was OK but I'm not sure about the smaller bead now ?




The next 3 photos use much thinner cotton yarn with smaller glass beads. This is fine but not quite what I'm looking to do with this project. I do like the look.












This one uses smaller wooden beads and the finer cotton. Not making a statement for me.




Well that's it so far, I will keep practicing and put it together when the clasp comes.
I managed to get the 'Upcycled Aunt Jen' on the wall. The wall looks huge but in reality it's a small space between two large windows. The next view shows the position better. It will not be here for long. It's got to be sent off next week. I liked doing the project and may do another (to keep).








I need to do some volunteer work so may not get much done today. However, I did some work yesterday on a new thing for the last part of November, its a repeat project from last year. I'm hoping to get my '12 days of Christmas Prep @ thepapersac' going on 19/11/12. Lots of people asked me to repeat. I've decided on a new theme. I will publish the daily offer each day so all will be there for 1/12/12. This time I will include more details on how to do all the elements.
Well must go.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment