Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Tales from Whitby


Hi Everyone
Weather is very depressing today. 'Damp' is the word ! - feels cold too.
Well, we are back from our week in Whitby. I didn't manage any blogs and managed to leave my camera in another bag most of the week - therefore the promised photos didn't quite materialise. I did get a few but they are not brilliant. Here are some scenes from our Halloween party (low key event).The pumpkins are very small but they did the job and we enjoyed our cocktails from the skull glasses. We watched a new Scooby Doo movie and Van Helsing - great Halloween stuff with sausages/chilli followed by chocolate brownies.












The night picture is a view from the steps in Whitby Old Town looking over the water and back to where we enjoyed fish and chips from Magpies
( traditional fish and chip place).




We had a lovely week- much sitting around and dodging some rain but generally a family thing - all together !
We enjoy a shopping trip each year and tend to go to the same places. I have an annual shop list : a cheap jewellery item, a book, some craft item and yarn. I now have a reason for the yarn ie crochet.
However, a huge disappointment - the little craft shop in 'The Shambles' ( a tiny market corner) is no more. Gone and replaced by a sweet shop. Ive looked forward to buying a small item from this shop every year for years. Took me days to come to terms with this news.
Look at the picture of my stuff




A red bead necklace and matching bracelet, a Caramac bar ( not seen one of these for years- a huge favourite as a child. Yarns and a little sweet from Magpies fish and chip place . I also bought a book.




This is to help with my insect drawings (in the little handmade journal). Wonderful stash.
That's about it for last week although I'm WASHING for England on our return. I missed my blog yesterday with so much sorting to do - post holiday. Everything needed a wash.
Back to work today. Boys were back to school yesterday and RGM (my other half) back to work last night. So, almost back to normal.
Plans for today are catching up and making revised lists for work - up to Christmas. I'm planning to do a Twelve Days of Christmas 2012 - last year there was a huge response from my offer. I've got some ideas and the date for starting will be mid November. I will update the details by the end of the week.
Must go and get started.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment