Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas is ALMOST ready !


Hi Everyone
a rather wet and very dark day, it feels like the middle of the night ! Last day of school term too. Tonight, we will relax ! I hope.
I saw this photo yesterday and thought of what the recent boys scout project could have been. See the actual outcome - it has possibilities (perhaps another go ?)








I also saw a great photo in 'Living Etc.' magazine. The detail is not brilliant in my photo but I love the wood effect - the material used on the stairs is in fact 'tiles'. It has given me an idea of producing a hand made stamp to give a similar effect. I'm hoping for a range of material in my Christmas stocking to do such a thing ! I love the colours in the wood effect.




Here is a photo of my angel doll - she is a good place to go and stand when I'm in need of a smile. Just thought I would share that. The shadow/reflection effect (in the photo) is amazing - you can see my thumb and nail in the bottom right !




This painting was done a few years ago and she comes out each year. It was an early Suzi Blu inspired piece. Take a look at her site for inspiration of your own Here
On a rather 'pressing' subject, my crochet Christmas card project is slowly moving on.




I've done two rounds of single crochet and now it's ready for the sketch and another few embellishments plus my message. Need to finish it today or it will miss Christmas altogether. This will not stop me sending it (whenever its completed. The item is hiding at the moment ( supposed to be a surprise !), hence the photo.
My last bit of news is progress with the 'daily paint' - my name for the latest painting project. I've added a bit of sky and some colour around the hills for definition. Here is a comparison with where I started and now. I think it's day 3 today and I will add something else - not exactly sure at this moment. It's a deliberate thing - no planning, just go ahead as I feel, at the time.








That's it for today.
It's Friday again, almost Christmas too !
Have a good weekend.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment