Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 7 January 2013

Happy (belated) New Year




Hi Everyone
and Happy New Year. I've been very slow to take up 2013. We had a great Christmas and its gone so quickly ! I can't quite believe its all over for another year. However, I need to face the facts - it's been and gone. Now its time to get my 'head into gear' for 2013 !
Today, was a mild and bright day, a little rain came later but early this morning, the weather looked promising. I started my day with the usual school routine (quite a shock to my system) followed by a dental appointment followed by lunch with Richard and a quick shop at Ikea. Those few activities took almost all day with time to make dinner and write this little offering for today.

Each year, I have an annual review and announce my intentions for the next year. I've not quite got there yet ! I need to ease my way into work. However, I do have a new approach to work ( yet again !) My new ' BIG thing' will be to finish at least a painting each month. I will track and comment on my success here. My January painting is to be called 'An important Journey'. I hope to publish the final item on the last day of each month ie 30/1/2013. No pressure there !

I will do a review of my 2012 - probably not until the end of this week. So will update on that front in a few days. I need to go through my blogs and take the highlights and those things which didn't happen. It will be cathartic !

On an uplifting front, new magazine 'Simple Crochet' arrived a few days ago. I'm taking it for a few months, to check if its useful to me. I like the initial approach and style of the publication but I'm still not totally convinced about general crochet. Im drawn to crochet in all forms but it generally I feel it doesn't quite fit with our home/my personal style. Not sure why ? but I take this as a challenge to find a way to make it fit. I'm going to try and objectively use the ideas in the magazine and give them a go. I will share my findings. Here is a look at the cover



There is a broach on the girls top which I quite like and will try and make one. More crochet news - in addition to the magazine, I received several books about crochet - lots of techniques and a lovely Erica Knight book - the pictures are lovely and much more my style, I will share some ideas I have to make some items over the next weeks.

Well, that's it for today.

Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment