Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 28 February 2013

Dolls and more dolls !




Hi Everyone
Another lovely day today, clear blue sky's but very cold and 'frosty'.

Today, I need to finish my big tag job - just a few words needed. I was pondering how to finish the tags with a few sentiments. I wanted an inspiration moment ! Then ....... browsing my usual blogs this morning, I came across this idea



ie the paper 'ribbon'. This little image came from Crescendoh. This site is fantastic and often uses the 'ribbon' image for labelling items on the blog. It's like a little magazine every day with new ideas for creating. Take a regular look if you ever need instant inspiration. I will post a few photos of my finished tags when I get there.

A second snippet from Crescendo is this cute peg doll idea with a project.



and a second more sophisticated take on the peg doll.



The wedding couple are fantastic, they come from another detailed project on crescendoh too check it out here
These lovely projects seem to tie in with my current run of 'doll' making dreams. Little blanks are available from Amazon.com (called Peg People) but not in Amazon UK. I have some actual pegs which would adapt for the job. Maybe ? It's not top of my list but a cute idea, especially for kids (some kids) - my boys (too old) would think I'd completely 'lost the plot' if I suggested such a project ! It would almost be worthwhile to put a kit together and give it to them as a gift and watch the reaction ! Perhaps, not !!

I can, however,see Miss Mitchell ending up a peg doll in the wedding couple style. Here is Miss Mitchell - just in case you are not familiar with her. Her entire shape is ideal for the peg doll. I'm being more and more convinced as I write. She would be great as a peg doll.


While writing this, I was reminded that (as a child, myself) I had very few dolls and almost no interest in them. It seems strange how things have turned out. I was never sure about playing with dolls, why would I play with a doll ? This is an odd thought which is buried somewhere in my mind. Strangely, I do think it relatively often. I remember having three dolls (ever). Maybe there was more but I don't think so. These dolls would sit in my room and remain 'unplayed with'. I now love dolls and am drawn to dolls whenever I come across them. The idea of a doll (for me now) is to create it (pretty or not) and have it to look at in a painting rather than an actual 3D item. Perhaps, that's what dolls have always been (for me) ie to just look at ? I must look into the subject of 'dolls' it does have a strange and important fascination for me.
On that note.

Bye for today

PS - it's a it too early for my new evening blogging time (9.25am) but rules are there to be broken !

No comments:

Post a Comment