Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 11 February 2013

Mary and Prada Inspiration !




Hi Everyone
It's Monday again, not sure where my weekend has gone ? I don't feel refreshed or 'raring to go' in any way !!!! The weather is cold and windy. I've just had a coffee and have lots of jobs on my list. I know I need to get going but ............

I've also just looked back at around this time last year and Mary Haversham was just arriving on the scene ( she now has the title as The Official Feb paining) - mainly because I thought it would be a way of getting her finished. I have done some work on her but lots more to go. Here she was last year



This is the first picture and her she is now on the catwalk and is making it as a 'close up' model !






At the moment, I'm working on the people in the audience - Ive collected a few different styles together and just need to work out what suits the whole painting. Here are a few images Im working on.












I have quite a few chairs to fill (8 at the moment) and options to have people standing. It also occurs to me that there are no men in the scene. I'm not confident about doing 'men' but feel I need to include at least one man.



I need to practice more.

I'm quite excited about this painting - after living with it for so long it's nice to give more time to the development. This painting is being worked on wood, my favourite surface, the wood is relatively large too and the only way to store the painting is to prop it up somewhere. I like to have a 'working progress' item where I can see it - I find myself looking and dreaming about what I want to do with it and often come up with ideas almost 'subliminally'. I do surprise myself now and again and wonder where an idea came from ? I'm pleased to be getting rid of the big flowers (in Mary's hidden hands). I think we need flowers but not those and not in Mary's hands. I mentioned including a handbag idea last week and will go with that for the moment. Here is a reminder of the bag design I hope to use as inspiration. I found the picture in 'Red Magazine' (Jan 2013). The actual bag is described as a 'silk and crystal bag by Prada' for £1,395. Sounds like a bargain !! It's a clutch bag after all. I do like it myself. It's the one in the middle.



'Hands' are always challenging too but I'm determined to get to grips with 'hands'. I've avoided drawing hands most of the time. Avoiding the drawing is exactly the wrong approach - practice makes it work ! Mary needs her hands or at least one hand to hold the clutch bag. Maybe a ring on the other hand ? With that thought, must get on.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment