Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 February 2013

Mary's Makeover




Hi Everyone
It's been a rather cold day, today and I'm very late with my blog. Its dark outside but I can hear the wind. I guess it's still cold too !!!
News update -
I did get myself a little gift yesterday - it's a lovely green nail varnish - it's great and it cheered me up. Here it is.



My work is sort of moving on - the whole point of my gift to myself. I do have another addition for the Jan painting. I'm covering George or a bit of him ( he's the big insect) to highlight the body part. I'm almost finished the back and I'm determined to get the picture up when it's dry. This is my last 'intention' - action is now required.

I've also looked at a range of images to add to Mary Haversham ie the Feb paining. Some faces for the crowd audience and a handbag for Mary.



I like the handbag in the centre and will make a few versions to choose from. The bag will replace the flowers - Ive never liked the flowers. They will go completely. I'm also keen to add some hands - so am working on that. This will allow maybe a ring ! Much more exciting. Here is a photo of where we are at the moment.






This is a very quick sketch of a face for the audience (in the painting). I hope to do a few versions of this face at different angles (scaled to size, of course) I've chosen this style to add to the drama of the 'fashion' theme and hope it helps tell the story of the painting.

That's as far as I've got today, other than buying these little things. I will be adding these to my valentine card. I will share this after the event ( Richard occasionally reads this blog - don't want to spoil his surprise ! )



On that note, bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment