Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 March 2013

'Tartan' Chat


Hi Everyone
Weather is amazing today - lots of ice covering everywhere - with strong sunshine. It's looks beautiful.
At last, I have found my 'lost' crochet hook - it was hiding in a book ! I don't remember leaving it on the page which then closed on the book. 'All is well' with crochet (now I have my favourite hook back). I do find it a very easy hook to use and it makes all the difference to the quality of my work. Here it is. It looks a bit sad in this photo and deserves to be given a makeover. Maybe ? I will give this some thought.




On finding the hook I immediately made another brooch i.e. the beginnings of a brooch? I wanted to make 5 brooches to be completed with a backing of felted wool and a brooch finding with some additional beading. So, Ive got one more to go. Here is the collection to date. I need to develop my 'tartan stamp' on each brooch.




Mary Havershams friends have not made an entrance. It seems as if Im avoiding them ! Not the case at all ( unless its deep in my subconscious) I must do this task next. The final brooch must wait. I want to paint some tartan too - the painting links directly to the brooch by forming a card to present my brooches.
However, today, will be about Mary's friends and some (tiny) production of tartan papers.
On a completely different subject -
I saw this on This site this lovely flower in a bottle adds to my growing collection of flowers in bottles.




I love the idea of the message and will aim to combine all the little ideas in one. Look to yesterday's blog for the other two flowers references.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment