Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 28 March 2013

Creating with CLAY




Hi Everyone
Not sure what the weathers doing today ! More of the same I think !!! ie cold and snowy but sometimes bright - not much snow to be fair.

It's my birthday today and Im off out for the day. It's a surprise so Im not entirely sure how things will turn out but I will give an update tomorrow.

Today, is 'Thursday technique'. My technique of the moment is using clay in a variety of ways. I've recently been trying out silver clay and am very keen to develop my skills. I've also been trying out Fimo clay and have done some bead like embellishments for a painting as well as some little beads.



The raised elements on the tartan painting are Fimo. I used a translucent clay and painted them with acrylic after baking. My plan was to use the same design as the silver clay tartan jewellery items I made.



The Fimo was much more difficult to get the definition that Ive managed with the silver.


There's lots more potential for Fimo. I've used Fimo in the past but had big problems with baking it. I have a small oven recommended for the purpose but Ive not had much success. Several times the Fimo has burned. Usually the clay is not sufficiently baked. I've changed the location of the oven to a warmer place and the results are good so far. I have in mind, to develop a tartan cane. I shared this yesterday - see yesterday for links.


This is the kind of thing I'm after. I'd like to turn this type of thing into buttons. It's quite a big job - will keep you posted.
My other wish for the Fimo is to make a Miss Mitchell face. Again, I'm researching ideas for the moment.
I also have some PaperClay which Ive used for making buttons. I'm going to do this again and will add to my button flower collection to the new Miss Mitchell painting. Buttons will become flowers. I need lots for the garden so Im on a hunt for buttons.

Must go.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment