Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 29 March 2013

Easter Eggs




Hi Everyone
It's a much improved day today - sometimes blue sky but quickly changing to grey. However, there's an 'optimistic' feel to the weather.

It's Due Cut Friday today as well as Good Friday (and technically a holiday for me). I've chosen another Easter themed item for this weeks offer. This project is very simple and can be quite quick. Although, it could last all day if you get involved. If I have the time, I love to fiddle, trying out lots of little ideas with scraps of card. Simple stripes and spots always look good.



These are all very simple Easter eggs which can be decorated with anything. I've chosen a range of colours used with the chickens from last week. My reason for using the same card was to allow all the elements to be used as a whole decoration. I'm decorating an afternoon tea spread to take to a family celebration on Easter Sunday. I will take some photos of the spread to share. I'm hoping to put some of the eggs onto sticks (as per last week) but others will find themselves on the table and ? Not sure exactly what will happen but together with lots of chocolate eggs and other goodies to eat, they will look pretty.
The basic egg is a Quickcutz die - it comes with another die for using as decoration. The second die has a bit of a ribbon piece with dots. I have used both dies on a few of the eggs but I don't tend to use them as intended on the one egg. I've also used a couple of embossing dies again, from Quickcutz and its about the only time I need to use the Quickcutz machine to squeeze the embossing die. The thickness of the two thin plate is too thick to go through the Sizzix. I like the way the embossing dies changes the look of the simple egg. I think it makes it look very sophisticated and I use it often with the egg.






These eggs lend themselves to any small embellishments. I have cut quite a few more eggs to decorate. I think, I will paint or colour these using similar colours ? Not sure at the moment. I've also cut a few eggs in half and will sit some of the chickens in them.



As extra colour and interest Ive cut out some other Easter like items - tulips and bunnies and butterflies as well a a sign for an Easter message (not sure its butterfly weather but Im claiming artistic license) have crept in too.






The great thing about making these little things is using up all the scraps left over from other projects. All the card used today was from the bin.
There's plenty left for a few more bits too.


Hope you enjoyed today's offer. These eggs could be used for cards, bunting or glued onto cocktail sticks etc.

That's it for today and for a few weeks. We are off on a family holiday in a few days. I hope to blog a few photos while away to share. Have a great Easter.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment