Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 March 2013

Find a way !




Hi Everyone
Weather is very unsettled this morning. There are reports of significant snow. Let's hope not !!!

Today, I'm introducing a new thing for Mondays. This will be something to inspire the week ahead. I've not limited myself to anything in particular, so Im thinking an inspirational ARTIST today. My choice is SUZI BLU. She is the person that initially got me going as an artist myself. I did one of her on line courses and never looked back. All you need to know about Suzi is embodied in her paintings. She is a genius. I love her style and her ability to convey feelings through her quirky style. I've often mentioned her work as well as linked her blog with this one. Here is a link to explore her site. Get a cup of coffee/tea or whatever and explore her stuff. Here. She gets involved in lots of crazy stuff, her latest hair 'do' is a good example. I always feel 'moved'( in one way or another) after reading her posts. When I first started painting my MISS MITCHELL came along.



The first painting from Suzi that made a big impact on my work was this one. There is no comparison (obviously) with the quality of her work and mine but her teaching and her example pointed me in the right direction. Suzi talks about 'practice' and more and more practice - as being the way forward. I believe this is the way too. There are lots of reasons why this 'practice' does not happen for me but mainly for many with a family (like me) it's to do with family commitments (including paid work). However, such as life. I've made my decision on that one and nothing would change it. I need to 'find a way'.


Suzi has a variety of mixed media styles and tends to experiment with lots of techniques. She has a book too - Mixed Media Girls. I often use this book to 'find a way'. I've got the book out again this week. I'm hoping it will push me with my Mary Haversham painting.



The 'mind map' approach is underway too. I find that my map (the actual image on the paper) is becoming like a sketch/mutli media project rather than words. This is OK for me and not surprising as its what I do (in art terms). I will be adding to the map after another look at Suzi's book. I'm aiming to give the painting ie Mary H some 'meaning' - Mary needs to convey a message to me in order to successfully move on. Suzi tends to add her message in words which is helpful, I aim to do this too.
Somehow, I need the thinking space. My head is very cluttered with family stuff and practical jobs, shopping etc. and the space to 'think' is just not there. I need to find a way of structuring my time to give me the 'space'. I'm sure lots of people also find this issue in their lives, perhaps for different reasons but the outcome is maybe the same ie frustration and dissatisfaction. I'm looking to Suzi to make is 'right' !!!! Hope she's up to it. All that sounds a bit depressing, I dont mean it to be taken as such.Im seeing it as a positive ! - a way 'forward'.

One last thing to share today - my progress with the 'tartan stuff'. I've done some more with the brooches. Here they are, I've done some felting on each item. They are positioned on the little tartan cupcake stand. I quite like them so far. I need to add some pretty beads/more tartan like and then the difficult bit - making them work as a brooch !



Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment