Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 11 March 2013

Making paper beads and silver earrings.




Hi Everyone
What a surprise to find yet more snow this morning. Here is a photo to show the scene. It's very cold so the snow may hang around for today.



A few jewellery projects are finished and another started. My silver clay earrings have been worn several times. I'm so very pleased with myself for being able to make these lovely little earrings.
It's difficult to get a good image of myself which shows the detail of the silver work. I need to get someone to take a better photo. The earrings are quite small but they suit my 'everyday' style jewellery. I cant find words to express how pleased I feel about how they have turned out. I need to get going with the pendant, I have high hopes for this too. Will update the blog when I have something to report.



I've also finished a paper bead bracelet I started a few weeks ago. This is a great success too.









The beads have been sealed with Diamond Glaze and look lovely. I've finished the bracelet by covering a simple knot in the threading with a callotte. My final jewellery project is a new bracelet, again using paper but making a 'barrel' style bead. I'm ready to seal the beads with Diamond Glaze before threading. I'm not sure if I will add some other beads too ? I will experiment with various combinations and report my findings. Here are the beads at the moment.









I've used handmade paper in green and have added some stripes with a pen. You can also see the tool I use for turning the paper (striped wooden handled thing). I will do a detailed tutorial when this bracelet is complete.

I'm also hoping to get Mary Haversham updated today. She has some 'friends' produced for the audience of her painting. I've taken far too long to progress this work. Another priority today, is to make more progress organising my Studio. It's slow going and as I mentioned last week, such a difficult job to decide what to 'chuck'. What is clear to me, lots of stuff has got to go ! That's more than enough to occupy me and a tad ambitious for one day !!!

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment