Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Pretty flowers to make.




Hi Everyone
Weather today looks 'glorious' - clear blue sky and bright sunshine. It's obviously freezing too !

Quick update on progress from yesterday - I did get around to threading my silver pendant 'chain' although its not actually a chain ! Here it is so far.



I'm still waiting for yet another silver finding. A 'bail' this time. I'm hoping this is just right. Fingers crossed. I also have an additional idea for the 'tie'.

I has intended to add some felt fabric to the back of my tartan brooch. However, having considered the piece it deserves a 'real felted' backing to give it more of a 'quality' feel. I will complete a few more brooches and then make some felted wool for the backs. I've wasted most of the day looking for the very nice crochet hook I used to create the brooch. I can't think where it could have gone ? I remember sitting at my work table and thought the hook had gone back into a little red wallet I use for my crochet tools. The hook was a free gift from MollyMakes (No3) - its the first time Ive used it and it worked brilliantly. The little wooden handle felt very comfortable. It's somewhere in the house ! Wish I knew where ? Anyway, had to use another hook to start my next brooch - it didn't go well ! Perhaps the nice hook will turn up tomorrow ? So, very little to show re new brooches !
I hope to add some beads to the second brooch (on the right).


I gave the paper beads a second coat of varnish. They should be ready to string later. So nothing to show on that front.

Mary's friends did not get out of the envelope.

Generally, a most frustrating day. I'm having a coffee with friends this morning. Maybe, I can get Mary's friends together later.

Just remembering how I spent my morning. I developed something which will form this weeks Die Cut Friday project. It will form part of 'the Tartan'. Obviously, I can't share the detail until Friday. However, it went well. So, today was not so bad !

One last thing - this is so pretty and Im making one for my bathroom table and maybe my bedroom.
Check out the tutorial of a little flower.


Here is another lovely thing to make - this crochet heart.



Look here


I now need some little bottles to display the flowers.


Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment