Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Second Miss Mitchell




Hi Everyone
Another cold and winters day. I'm trying to find a positive in the weather - the 'swirling winds are keeping the snow from building up !! That's as good as it gets today !

Today it's 'Doll Day'. The doll of the day is Miss Mitchell again. She is having a new look and new colours and a new 'hair do'. I think her face is slightly more coloured and perhaps almost 'healthy' looking. Miss Mitchell original is very pale !



The new Miss Mitchell doll will be part of my March painting and is firmly in the 'tartan' series.
This is how she started. I decided I liked the style of the 'balloon' dress and will work with it. She has let her hair down too. I'm not sure how the hair will turn out but I will keep it brownish. Her eyes are distinctly green so the eye makeup stays too.


I've done some work on the dress and worked on the face. I had added and then removed the hair ribbon on the left of the face and have decided to bring the hair forward (eventually).





Much more to go on this but it's going OK so far. This painting is to be a part of a developing story involving Miss Mitchell and her new school teacher job. I have a childrens 'starter' reading/activity book. I'm being led by the story. The idea is to involve flowers and wildlife in her garden (the background). I hope to incorporate 'the' button flowers (in tartan) too. The garden is developing and will eventually be a place for learning and part of her school. I have grand plans !!

I want to go further with the face in this painting and use paints to better effect re the shape of the face with the hair. I'm not sure (at the moment) how I can do this with the current face ? Further experiments are needed.

An additional element to the dress would be some special buttons with the tartan theme. I'd like to make them from Fimo - from scratch ! I have a tutorial and although I understand the technique it looks tricky.
Take a look here






These look brilliant. I will try ! On that note ......

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment