Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 30 April 2013

'Gone fishing' - almost !




Hi Everyone
Another lovely bright morning today. Much warmer than recent weeks.Great.

I'm still catching up with 'life' after our family birthday last week. I also need to help out my Dad today, so not much time for work. I will work this evening instead.
Last night we had a fundraising meal with some friends and one of the boys won a great mug in a raffle - here it is. The box has some great images too. So, the evening produced ideas for work as well as having a good time !









I'm reviewing my mini project(s) today and still working on the tartan buttons - I'm aiming to complete them this evening.
The buttons need several layers to seal them and as you see there is a packet to complete !!!! I know, I will use some buttons for a mixed media painting and I want to keep some on a few little cards (to be a real buttons) for later use or for the shop.


The other project of the moment is making an 'apron'. I did have hopes of designing and creating my own fabric - I will do this (Ive already got a few fabrics available for sale via Spoonflower) but to get things moving and get myself a new apron Ive been looking for a ready made fabric. I've seen a great fabric


It's just what Im after, other than the colours. I think I can do something with this. I'm not stopping at one apron, so lots of opportunity for making more and finding more fabric. Love this girl fishing. I'm also inspired to use the idea of the image to incorporate into my next painting. I've done some little sketches and will produce something on the beach/fish scene. The mug stuff will be in there somewhere too !

That's my update for today, bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment