Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Miss Mitchell Brooch News




Hi Everyone
It's raining this morning, very lightly and maybe the sun will appear soon ? The temperature feels much warmer which is a big plus for me.

Today, Im picking up on the mini doll brooch mentioned last week. Here is a photo for reference


I've been waiting for some extra bits to start my project - the extra bits have arrived so I'm ready to go. I bought some great little charms for the feet.
The little ballet shoes are just right for Miss Mitchell. I've also noticed the hands are a 'right' hand only and looking closer at the project picture, I think it's the same in the original project. Perhaps, only right hands are available !!






Miss Mitchell face is to be based on this one.



Her head will be made of white clay. In the original project the heads are covered buttons but I wanted to use clay. This clay is a new product for me, so that will be interesting to see how it works out.



This is a microwave (10mins.) or air dry clay. I will try both methods and then paint the features onto the clay. I will stick the hair in place. There will be lots more to do these are my thoughts pre-planning stage.
The dress is very simple and I think I need to find some nice silk fabric with some pretty lace - not sure ? At least one doll will be dressed in Tartan. There is much preparation !! - I think I will start with the face which will give me time to source the dress fabric. I like to make little sketches of each phase of my projects and I will do this again. It's difficult to anticipate all events when starting a new project but I find drawing out each stage cuts down on any big problems - not all ! However, I don't always stick to the plan and often, its just a framework.

I'm going to make several dolls - at least one of the dolls will be up for grabs (as a random pick from a comment on the blog) I will give lots of notice so keep looking.

That's it for today.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment