Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 19 April 2013

Tags for my new stuff




Hi Everyone
Fabulous sunny day today.
I'm rather late in posting because Ive been off with a friend visiting a new (to us) bead shop in our area. Lovely basket of stash later and lots of the day has gone ! Great - that's what life's about !!

Today, is Die Cut Friday. I'm thinking about packaging today and finding some good designs for making tags for my new stuff. This new stuff are jewellery items inspired by Miss Burton - here she is for reference.



I thought I would look at a range of dies that I could use as tags. Some dies are specifically designed as such but there are many more possibilities which could lend themselves to the job. I have a board of ideas which I put together for a friend who was selling bracelets.


We looked at a number of shapes and sizes and came up with a smaller selection to meet the design of each bracelet. These were the basic tags which eventually were decorated and became part of the 'look' or identity of the product.



I'm not sure exactly what I want the packaging to consist of but Im starting with the ideas I have here and the inspiration of the artwork linked with my jewellery (rings and beads using polymer clay).
I think I will create gift pockets using Miss Burton for the basis of the artwork. These pockets are very simple bits of thick paper. My size is approx. xxx. I like the idea of a very large tag for the package which could be a gift tag, so I don't want to over publicise me or thepapersac as a brand. I want the brand to speak for itself via the painting and the quality/style of the tag. Some of the tags in the previous photos are a little small for me but Im not ruling anything out at this stage. Miss Burton has various characteristics which could be highlighted eg music, roses ,red, black etc. she also could have a very simple tag with a printed image of her. I've decided to do a mind map exercise to develop my ideas. I've printed some papers to look at sizes of images. I hope to complete my job later today and will post my process and findings.

See you later .......

No comments:

Post a Comment