Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Button Project




Hi Everyone
Very breezy this morning but bright and cheerful weather.

Tuesdays, are all about 'mini' projects which will continue until complete and I will report progress each Tuesday. The current project is the paper buttons project. Not too much progress (my excuse is holiday break) but the buttons are primed and ready for final decoration with colour.



The buttons have been painted in 'pastel like' shades and are destined to match the tartan mini painting. The tartan design will pick up the deeper colours. I also have some little cards (to be) to mount my buttons. Theses cards will be created from the artwork in the painting. I'm thinking of more embellishments eg scalloped edges on the cards to make them look special with coordinating thread to attach. Here is a peek at the print I will use.






The idea of the mini project is to test out an idea for further development as well as learn from the experience. This project is a really useful exercise and the buttons have come out much better than I expected. I may think of covering them with resin to make them truly buttons. Further down the line I will make copies in polymer clay and possibly air dry papermache (another thing on my horizon). For me, the texture from the egg carton is brilliant - it's almost like PaperClay in appearance.
Here is a quick look at the original inspiration for my project, Im hoping to be complete for next Tuesday.



On another subject, I'm also currently obsessed with making a clay ring. I've done lots of research and am keen to try and do this.



I've admired this for a long time and with my current clay practice I think I can do something which may resemble this masterpiece. The ring is a project in a book by Donna Kato : The Art of Polymer Clay. I like the pattern but aim to complete my ring with 'the tartan' theme. It's an aspiration !!! I'm calling it a mini project but .......lets see how things turn out !

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment