Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 20 May 2013

Bead Fair News




Hi everyone
It's quite warm outside but looks a bit like rain !
Apologies for the next few lines but ....... I need to have a short 'rant'. First you need a little background : I have a regular run/jog about 3 times each week and follow a 5k app which is great, at the same time, I use a Nike app on my iPod to track and record times etc. - for the past 2 runs the Nike app has not recorded my stats and I am very upset about this ! - words are not enough to describe how I feel right now. However, I have an action plan so 'all WILL be well' BUT , this is the thing, I think Ive done so well on these last 2 runs but NO STATS. That's it, so will not mention it again (today). Thank you for the short self indulgence.

On a more rational front, I do rate exercise up there with art as an important element of 'well being'. It's a great topic to get into - will go there another day.

Back to the business of the day. My inspiration this week is going to be 'measuring'. You may remember last week I shared a photo of a new stamp.



Here it is. I've not done anything with it yet but it will go onto a painting. I have some ideas, most of which came from my previous runs ie the ones that I don't have the stats for ! - sorry slipped into that without thinking ! It won't happen again.

Anyway, 'the measure' idea will be summed up in a 'mind map' today - will share it when I got all the ideas down.

Yesterday, I went to a bead fair locally and joined a BeadShop Scotland workshop class to make a necklace. We had a lovely time in a very relaxed but excellent workshop. Beadshop Scotland are based in Haddington - an hour and a bit away from us here but we will be going back to one of their workshops. Thank you to Kirsty for running a great workshop. I want to develop my necklace further. It's OK but needs a little something else. Here it is now.






I met a friend there too and had a lovely time chatting 'art stuff' and buying beads. Not sure why I need more beads ? but I just love them. There was some fabulous semi precious gems (resisted these) and lots of interesting odds and ends. I am going to try and do something more with my necklace - I have some ideas. I will share what happens. I bought lots of other stuff which will help me with some other jewellery ideas. All in all, a very good day yesterday.

Lots to do - must get on.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment