Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Jewels and pretty cakes




Hi everyone
Another bright and sunny start to the day, it's definitely windy but Im hoping its not too cold in the wind.

Home matters took over yesterday and I didn't get my clay cured. I've big hopes for today on that front.

I did manage to produce several sketches for the JUST WALKING inspired jewels.



This sketching approach is a more focused attempt to use my time effectively. I generally just see what happens - great but very wasteful in terms of time and materials and ..... more important very frustrating when it's not going well. I have a ring, bracelet and 2 necklaces in the plan.

As its Tuesday, I am thinking about my mini project. The ongoing mini project of the moment is the 'insect clothing' (for JUST WALKING) and its my priority to complete the coats today. I've talked about this for a few weeks now so I must get it sorted today. While reviewing JUST WALKING again yesterday - I think the plants need more integrating. Im wondering how to do this effectively.



I like the idea of stamping over the plants that are there in various colours but I also thought about making another very simple, small stamp to provide a constant - almost 'see through' layer which covers the plants ? Not sure. 'Something' is needed.

Talking plants (or rather flowers), I saw this lovely image yesterday and like the sophistication of it.


These lovely 'things' are cakes - wow ! I love the crisp lines and delicate but defined white flowers. I have thought about trying to recreate something like these for the painting but I think the space is too 'busy'. I will ponder that one this morning.
Maybe I could come up with something which would work ?

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment