Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 24 May 2013

Making cards extra special.




Hi everyone
It's raining today and very windy - not nice to be outside.

Die cut Friday is looking at the die cut elements of the project from yesterday. Here is the finished item in its protective packet.






The lovely image Ive used is by a great artist called Marisa Anne and Ive added an overlay from the Beautiful Mess app (Ive talked about this app a few blogs ago).
The die cut elements used in this project are mainly alphabets and layers of scalloped circles, as well as a scalloped edge - on the card.






I've personalised the card with the name of the recipient and used pinks throughout (I know the baby is a girl and 'mum to be' is a 'pink' sort of person) I think the card has turned out well and although its a simple card which conveys the sentiment well, its pretty and I like the personal details. From feedback, people really like this personalised element on cards.

The treatment Ive given to the card, envelope and tag are obvious, so I don't need to describe what Ive done in sequence. Take a look at the different views to check out each face of the card and accessories. I think the scallop layers work so well with pretty cards and especially with spot papers - both papers are produced using Pink Petticoat files (talked about this yesterday).






The tag has a Beautiful Mess layer from the app.








I always make my own envelopes - I like to use the same papers/colours etc. You can produce a lovely range of special gift packaging very easily and very cheaply - once you have the basic equipment.
My project could be used to adapt cards/wrap for many events. If Im short of time I often buy a card and apply a similar approach, creating a new envelope made from some patterned papers which Ive chosen to adapt the card. Hope you are inspired to do something similar.

That's it for today and ..... It's half term next week and we are off on holiday (Derbyshire area) so Im looking forward to that. Have a great weekend and I will be back on 3/6/13 with news of my holiday and new inspirations.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment