Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Is quilling OK ?




Hi everyone
The weather looks rather changeable this morning - one minute the suns is shining and the next it could rain ? Fingers crossed the sun comes and stays later !

Today, Wednesday, is my 'Doll Day'. I seem to have been talking about dolls almost every day for weeks ! Im still doing the pencil doll project for my charity sale, so lots of little dress designs and embellishment ideas are stacking up. The dolls for the sale will be very basic but Im building on my ideas and will be making more elaborate examples as a result of the initial project - I want these to go into the shop. Ive got ideas to decorate little wooden boxes which can be hung like a picture to give the dolls their own special storage or display space. The item then becomes more of an 'art installation' - sounds good anyway !

Moving on ..... yesterday, I mentioned making a little book, I called it 'a little book of MICRO TECHNIQUES. I made a cover (take a look at yesterday's picture) - unfortunately, when I printed it direct from my ipad it was cropped and I now need to work on it a bit more and resize - the upshot is, its still on the computer. I was also talking about getting the design on fabric ( I love this idea) but for now Ive decided to print onto card and make a little folder to hold the book papers. I do have some paper which is very like fabric in that it more of a canvas style card - perhaps this could work, I will hang onto this idea for future development.

Getting back to the dolls. There are an amazing range of fantastic little dolls out there. I constantly add to my Pinterest page - I must add a button on the web page, take a look on Pinterest, its great. The are quite a few tutorials on there too (on almost anything you can think of). While thinking about the pencil dolls I went looking for inspiration for hair/ face styles and came across this great resources of different heads - brilliant.




Im still heavily into The ORDER - still loads of mess and not enough 'chucking'. Another day and I should be seeing the difference ? - anyway, while sorting, I came across a little book which diverted me from the primary task .
Here is the book. The book came with a doll project - it's been used and sold but I would love to start at page one and do all the dolls.



I love ALL the little dolls in here and this book will be attached to me for a few weeks (for my coffee moments) for inspiration. This is my favourite from the book.



I love this one too - especially the hair !



I also came across this lovely book - it's all about quilling ! Quilling is one of those things (for me) which looks Ok some of the time but can look very dated. I think, done well in the right situation it's great.




I used to 'quill' lots of kids birthday cards years ago and had some good quilling experiences with children. My favourite was a birthday card I made with this little guy - I will try and dig out a photo of the actual card.



Im thinking I may do a little quilling for embellishments for the pencil dolls. I think butterflies would work well.
Something like these pretty examples.



So, will try some out. I also think some quilled dolls would be good too. It's the faces which are challenging. Here is an example from the book. The actual mermaid is good but I think the doll is let down by the face ? I think I can improve on that.


Well, that's it for today. Must get on, loads of stress re deadlines today. I should have prepared better !!! - story of my life !!!

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment