Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 14 June 2013

Using die cuts




Hi everyone
Not sure what the weather will do today ? - it's been so mixed and changeable over the last week. There is blue sky but lots of white clouds too. It's quite warm so that's my positive for the weather report !

Today is Die Cut Friday and Im still heavily into the ORDER Project. My die cutting for this week is limited to the little Order Memory Book (new name for the little book - Ive talked about this most of the week, you can catch up on the details if you want to by reading back a few days). My little book pages are made from the Sizzix ATC die. Here are photo's of the individual pages. I'm yet to decide on how the book is to be 'built' but I think it will need a spine or some kind of concertina style links ? Ive decided to bring all the material together (at the end of the project) before building the whole item.






My pages are using different types of white/off white card/thick paper.I have a feeling the book will end up being very thick !

My other die cut item for the project is a mini label which Im using for organising and listing the individual areas of activity that I see as my mixed media work (both techniques and materials).
I've made the little note for my BB and I needed some way of noting the various different aspects of my work. I decided to use little tags and add them to the note the areas of work.


I want to use a computer print for the word and will stick them to the tags.



Im using the traditional Sizzix thick cut die and the smallest tag. Im using some scrap fine card for the tags. While clearing and sorting I came across these little coloured rings - not sure why I bought these ? but I think they will be OK for the job.
Here is the progress to date.






I did intend to make another hole for the 8th note but am considering attaching it to the central tag. I will print out the labels and attach and then get on with the project. I will also decorate each tag as I go.

That's it for this week. Hope you are looking forward to the end of this project as much as I am. It's turning out OK as a job, better than I thought but I really want to get going with 'creating' in my new space.

Have a great weekend.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment