Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 24 October 2013

New Earring Inspiration




Hi from thepapersac
It's a lovely bright morning with no clouds .......but we are definitely into Autumn - it's a little colder than of late.

Having worked down my jobs list for this week, it's more of the same for me today. My priority is to get some silver hooks organised and some more paint onto my new navy earring batch.

I spend lots of time looking for new ideas with my polymer jewellery making and have recently come across a jewellery designer called Genervieve Williamson Check out her work hereHer style is lovely and quite similar to a few of my own designs. She uses lovely shades of colour and has a great way of combining shapes. I aspire to reach her level of work. Anyway, you may have read yesterday that I was looking for something to cheer up my morning - as if by magic, a fantastic new book arrived. I had pre ordered it, so not an absolute surprise ! - the timing was good !



The book covers lots of ways of working with polymer clay and one of Genervieves projects is featured - this made my day and has given me a new idea of how to attach my hooks to earrings. This is the project in the book. I can't wait to try it out.



To illustrate the lovely stuff she produces - here are a few photos to share my favourite pieces of jewellery from her collection (at the moment). She has a shop on Etsy called jibbyandjuna.


Ive also been looking for new display ideas and thought these looked good.


Simple but very pretty. Pinterest is good for this sort of thing. Another couple of amazing ideas for jewellery display are these idea's






If I had the space I would have the bottom item in my dressing space (with a mirror on the outside. Love it.

Must get on.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment