Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 16 December 2013

Going for gold.




Hi Everyone
It's Monday morning already ! Where has the weekend gone ? The weather is good. It seems quite mild for December.

Today, I'm trying to get my Christmas sorted !!! - only 9 days to go and loads of plans are still on the list. I need more time. Our tree(s) are up and the house is in a state of chaos. Rearranging required. I'm not sure why it's different from last year but the chairs are unusable. I need a plan B.

Work has been slowing down for a week so I'm just concentrating on finishing a few orders. I also want to finish my gilded necklace experiment because it's for me. Ive done a second layer of gold leaf on the tube beads and they need sealing. I have a new seal coming to try another approach and am just waiting for the post. It may arrive today - not sure because of Christmas potential post delays
These are a few photos of the tube beads with their second layer - they do look better. I'm not sure what to do with this technique. I like the shiney, metal look but the quality is not as good as I would like. I have some other ideas about producing a gold bead. I will keep playing.





The round beads are faux bone and as such have a series of colours swirling in them to produce a subtle texture. I like the effect and I think it compliments the gold.


I'm not sure of the order I will thread the beads ? I like the short and long gold tubes in a non graduated order. I also need to make the fastening. I had thought about having no fastening because of the gold colour and my usual from scratch metal is in silver. I've never done any gold findings. However, silver would not do. So, Im going for it gold !


Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment