Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Little Houses




Hi Everyone
Not much to report - I did try and get my jobs done yesterday but only finished three bits of jewellery. Very poor progress - my excuse is getting involved in home jobs ........ and then they took over !

Genervieve (the painting) did get a little work.




The obvious bits are the roof shapes and the extra trees but I did spend time on the hair and face. I'm considering what to do with the dress ? No ideas at the moment. I need to keep looking.


I think I would like to get some fine plasterwork going on and I like the idea of some metal. I'm going to try some gilding to start the metal theme going.

On another matter, I wanted to make up some golden and silver clay too. This job has been on my list for quite a while, however ......... ! maybe today ? This job is now top of my list.

Another thing on my list is earring display. My usual little package is similar to these :




I think it's time for a revamp. I'd like to develop some new versions which includes a fabric element. I found this example on Pinterest which I really like.


I'm not entirely sure about my choice of card but I do like the idea of some kind of brown cardboard material which will need a branded something as well as (the very important) the fabric to make the earrings look great. Ive often used grey/brown card in other projects and will develop some ideas to try out. I'm quite taken with an idea inspired by Genervieve's little houses, taking the simple house shape on the paintings and turning them into a label - somehow ? Watch this space.

Thanks for reading.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment