Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 21 March 2014

Keep Playing.




Hi Everyone
It's Friday again ..... where does the time go ? The sun is shining and it definitely feels like Spring. I'm going to keep playing today.

Chaos reigns here in my world. My house is doubling up as a storage warehouse for lots of things. I can barely walk about at the moment. However, I need to get over that because very little will change for at least a week. It's a good excuse for my play theme.

Talking of playing, I finished my Make Art Monday project for this week. The theme was Play (of course) and I took a beach holiday memory as my inspiration. I was reminded of our annual Summer visit to North Berwick on the Scottish Coast. It's usually a week at the end of the long Summer holiday and we spend lots of time on the beach. It's usually OK weather but we go regardless. The sand is great for building castles and for making sculptures in the sand. This sort of sums up my memories over the years.





I still have the little button beads project going on. I will 'sort of' complete this today, however ! - Ive had an idea and .... modifications will improve my design. Obviously, this will require more work and extra little beads will be needed ! Such as life. I always take the difficult route.
My reason for changing the design is the final 'look/feel' of the necklaces and bracelets. Ive decided I prefer having a block of colour for the majority of the necklace so will pick up a few neutral shades and mix a row of the button beads, somewhere in the design. I think the final piece will be more 'me'. I always judge the final design on whether I would wear it. Let's see how it goes.
This is my favourite button bead from yesterday's batch.






I will get some images of the final pieces and share next week.

The 'glass' bead experiment also continues ... Ive added some liquid polymer and have an interesting thing going on with this bead. Still no colour but I like the 'pea' shape. I think, the bead will turn into something green. I see this bead being a pendant at the moment but anything could happen ?




This is the 'glass pea' with a real bit of green glass. No more to be said on that !



Have a great weekend.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment