Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 20 June 2014

More bead chat




Hi Everyone
Another Friday has arrived - amazingly quickly ! I feel as if the week has passed me by. My major task (other than orders and writing my book) was to make the much talked about memory bracelet. Ive done it.



I took the little hook from one end away and have added a bead stop finding at each end. I think it's more me. Although, I do admire lots of chunky, dangle bits on jewellery - it's not for me. I wear jewellery all the time and it needs to be able to stand up to house jobs and making jobs - many of which can be messy. I like the way the bracelet has turned out and Ive have learned about memory wire. I didn't make lots of seed beads for the second bracelet. There are an amazing number of beads required to complete the four and a half turns. I will wear the bracelet around the house today - I'm still a bit sceptical about the glue ! I can envisage all the seed beads scattering from my wrist. After a week or so - if it's still intact ? I will be convinced about the security of the glue.



Other matters : while researching my current paper bead obsession, I came across lots of very stylish paperbead jewellery on a site called 31 bits -Check it out here. The jewellery is fantastic.
31 Bits uses fashion and design to empower people to rise above poverty in Uganda. Their beads are made from recycled paper. 31 Bits tell us "Every accessory is carefully crafted by hand with top-notch quality and excellent design". I love the look.
Here are a few examples



I'm hoping to get some inspiration from these lovely images.

Have a great weekend.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment