Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Day 12 of Christmas Prep.@thepapersac




Hi Everyone
It's the last day of my Christmas Prep. @ thepapersac . We have had 12 days - not sure I remember all 12 ? where did that time go ?

Today, I've designed and made a cake topper for this years Christmas cake. I made my cake a few weeks ago and every year (when taking the cake out of the oven) I declare my intention to make a new topper. This year, I've finally done it. My new topper is a snowman. I've made the little guy as you would make a real snowman, very simple but with rolled white snowballs made from polymer clay. I've given him a hat, scarf, nose and some eyes as well as arms and a few buttons. I used another cake topper for scale so the snowman should be good for size. I've yet to cook him but here he is just before going into the oven.



When cooked and solid, I will add him to the round up - on Friday. The snowman has turned out OK - fingers crossed he will bake without any incidents. I think this must be the easiest Christmas character to make into a topper with polymer. It took me about 20 mins (including tidy up time) and I loved messing around with ideas for the hat and scarf. I hope he will help make the decorated cake look good in a few days.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment