Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 29 January 2015

Imitation Game




Hi Everyone
I'm working on a series of beads inspired by Jane Flannigans designs at the moment - look back at each Thursday to see the details of the project. Following my ideas last week, I've moved on and taken a slightly different tack ! I had intended to make my beads long and thin with a striped pattern. However, I've been sidetracked with a dress fabric I saw. There are similarities with some of the Jane Flannigan bead shapes.



I like the round shapes and the colours of the fabric. I'm thinking of incorporating the stripe idea and the half circle thing. I like the possible bead threading combinations using the half circle in a number of different ways.
I have been playing around with some clay combinations (pre finding the dress fabric) and not found the pattern I want to use. I will need to do some more experimenting using the fabric as my new inspiration. Here is a quick look at the original experiments.









I've got a few ideas of where I can go with these beads - Im sure I can use all the beads in a number of ways. All completed items will go onto my Pinterest Board called Imitation Game. I'm hoping to develop a couple of different bead options from my new direction this week.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment