Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 9 February 2015

Bella




Hi Everyone
My Make Art Monday item for today is a plan for an adapted form of Miss Mitchell (a very old folk art doll painting). I've resurrected this painting to develop an image for the first virtual maker (the focus of my regular Tuesday item, read back for details). I needed to provide a character to the project and have chosen Miss Mitchell, she will be known as Bella. The original painting is a young, child like character and I want to change the face and make it more mature. I also want to work on the eyes. The original eyes are very simple folk art style and I want to have a completely new look. I'm not sure how this will turn out. I will go with whatever turns out.
I love this painting and it's around lots of examples of my work including jewellery packaging as well as gift cards and fabric. I'm not losing this version, I'm just creating another. I like the colours as they are but I may end up changing the combinations - not sure.



I will use a few weeks to develop Bella and Im starting today with my pencil sketches. Will share my progress on Mondays over the next few weeks.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment