Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 6 July 2015

Make Art Monday

Hi Everyone
This is the final part of my current Eyes Series for Make Art Monday. I've been featuring a painting with four 'dolls'. The painting original is a wide piece  measuring just over a metre - I especially like this shape long but  narrow ! I'm developing four new painting which will feature each of the dolls and focusing on their eyes. I think each doll will be recognisable but I will change colours, patterns and sizes. The last doll in the series is called Yvonne. Here she is :

                    


The dolls together, I think, work very well but I think each doll can be better and I'm looking forward to developing them. This will be my Summer ART project  and I will take the whole Summer to work on this Collection. I'm planning lots of eyes sketches as well as some printing ideas for backgrounds and fabric development.
As you can see, Yvonne has only one half of her face and I think she will end up in a side profile ? - just an idea. Here is a quick look at all four dolls together as they appear  the original painting.

                  
Each doll has some kind of issue with her shape and collectively I hope they ask some questions. The title of the piece is Where are we now ? and this fits well with my new ideas. There is is personal story behind the piece and I will work with this to guide my new developments. I'm planning more than four new paintings with new ideas for cards, prints and fabric. Watch this space for updates over the next few weeks.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment