Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 21 August 2015

Holiday Post

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing a new handmade journal ready for next week (The Grand Tour resumes). I was inspired to make a Holiday Journal by one of my lovely arty friends and am now consumed with ideas of what to include and how to go about it. I want the journal to evolve over the week and be part of what I'm doing so will work on that principle. The process needs to be easy and enjoyable.
I have a little checklist of things to help me journal - at the moment my plan is a page each day, this may change !
I also want to make sure I include 5 things worth mentioning each day. Not sure why 5 ? - but I've got little things in mind, things which I've particularly enjoyed each day or things which have made an impact on me - in some way. I will aim to include photos as well as memorabilia and possibly little sketches.
The actual journal has been produced from some handmade papers that I've had in my stash for years - just waiting for this moment. I've simply folded and cut to size. The pages are different sizes and colours in no particular order. I've sewn the pages together with my sewing machine to form a simple spine. I will prep. myself a small case of pens and a few paints/glues but I'm hoping it will be simple in development and mostly words,photos (will leave a space and print at home) sketches and bits of paper.
Here is a quick look at the blank journal.

                     

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment