Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 3 September 2015

Memories from The Grand Tour

Hi Everyone
I'm almost 'still' on holiday (in my head). I pottered around yesterday and managed a few admin. jobs as well as watching a bit of U.S. Masters tennis (I love watching tennis). Work thoughts are still far from my mind ! Sadly, the weather has changed and its feeling a bit like the Summer has gone.
Today, I'm off for a run and later ...... a little shopping (may find a treat for myself ?).

I'm sharing another photo memory from our recent holiday today. This one is very special. We had a few days in Edinburgh and went to several galleries. The Scottish National and the Scottish Modern Art. The Modern Art Gallery had an amazing MC Escher exhibition. It was brilliant, the best exhibition I've been to for some time. I have always liked the work of Escher but seeing some of the printing plates and preparation sketches as well as understanding his life story was fantastic. I could have picked any one of the exhibition pieces to share but I particularly liked this one :

                      

I saw some sketches and the copper plate which made this print. A week later it's still amazing - every item in the exhibition was such a privilege to share. I will remember the experience for a long time.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment