Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 17 December 2015

Clay Day

Hi Everyone
I'm hoping to indulge myself today with a little project I've been trying to complete for some weeks. It's a green /clear set of polymer beads that I made for a bracelet and necklace set (for myself).There's enough beads to create a few different pieces and I'm keen to just go with whatever seems right ? I want to highlight the surface pattern with some paint so will start with that. I will rebake the painted beads and polish. This will be a little gift for me.

Talking of surface design, I've been struggling with another project which is aiming to develop a particular surface pattern on clay (read back last week for more on this). However, I've made a breakthrough !  I'm not sure if it will work in the way I would like but I'm sticking with it for now. I hope to get the pattern on some white clay and add some colours to form actual flat, irregular shaped beads. The surface pattern has been developed from a stamp which I've had in my stash for years. I'd almost forgot I had it. I'm optimistic that this will work. The pattern doesn't look great on this piece of scrap clay - it will be better on white. I will take lots of images of the new stuff to share next time.

Here is a quick look at the project bits and pieces :

                                

I also need to finish a few Christmas things - time permitting. I have some cards to finish and a few tags need some little polymer charms that I've made . I also have some little stars to polish for earrings charms. All this sounds very 'busy' but I will enjoy the process. I'm almost feeling like I'm on holiday ! I can only think it's a delusional state to stop myself panicking about Christmas preparations that I haven't completed !

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment