Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 22 January 2016

From Scratch

Hi Everyone
From Scratch is in the process of developing a range of new Ear Hoops and interchangeable Hoop Beads. I've been playing around with different wire shapes as well as new coloured beads. The idea is to have a number of different beads which can easily be slipped on and off the hoops allowing for a different look for the earrings. I'm working on packaging too, so the little packaging boxes become pretty storage for the earring components. I've been trying out new Hoop beads for myself - almost everyday. I also like the idea of different size hoops to again give a different look while accommodating the same range of beads. I've made solid colour beads so far with this range but I'm now looking at some interesting coloured clay mixes. 

                                

The challenge is to develop wires which the beads can move on and off easily while being secure (while worn) at the same time.

                                
I'm not 100% happy with the experiments so far, my favourite is still the simple round hoop shape in various sizes. I like the thicker 1.00mm silver hoops but do offer 0.80mm size too. I will continue to experiment with this project and want to look at developing a square shaped version today. 
It will be a few weeks before the range is ready for the shop and I will feature the offer here when it's ready.

Thanks for reading.
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment