Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Recipe Wednesday

Hi Everyone
Just to recap on my new plans for recipes on Wednesdays (for a while) - I'm featuring a Main meal rather than a pudding. Exciting times ! My first new recipe is Roast Sweet Potato and Chickpeas.

                                 
The recipe is very much as the photo titles suggest. A Sweet Potato is baked until soft (40 mins in oven) or as I do - 17 mins in microwave and into the oven for 10mins. Mash the halfed potato with a fork (slightly) spoon chickpeas on top and a few slices of soft Goats Cheese and back into the oven for 10 mins (until cheese melts and colours slightly. Sprinkle with chopped Coriander and Black Pepper to serve. I also baked some white fish in a greeseproof parcel (15mins in oven) with a knob of butter and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
I gave the meal 5/5 - simple, quick and easy on the washing up. It tasted delicious. All three boys liked the dish and gave it a total of 13/15. We will keep the name as it is. The recipe goes into the book. Great result !

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment