Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 5 February 2016

From Scratch

Hi Everyone
Today, I'm experimenting with FROM SCRATCH beads which will turn into samples for the stretchy jewellery I talked about last Friday. These beads are leftovers from previous projects but I'm interested in shapes to develop rather than using these particular beads. If something interesting turns out, all the better ! I already know that I will develop more of the beads featured in the Green Project (love those shapes and textures) - read back for images of the Green Beads. I probably need another five or so shapes and colours. Here are my experimental beads :

                                   
                                   

I'm looking to develop very simple bracelet and necklaces which can be worn everyday rather than major statement pieces. I'm not ruling out changing surface pattern or colour but I want the pieces to be versatile and robust; at this stage it's the shape I'm focussing on.
Alongside the necklaces and bracelets, I'm thinking about packaging and storage so will try and develop something specific to each piece. Hopefully, I can get production going pretty quickly when the initial designs are settled. I'm planning on making up kits as well as offering a ready made collection. What this space.

Thanks for reading
Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment