Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 7 March 2016

Faux Turquiose (2)

Hi Everyone
I'm planning to spend another week on the Faux Turquiose Project. Last week, developments moved on well and I'm hoping to get the majority of the sterling silver elements completed this week. I've decided to make all the findings first and then build each piece of jewellery. 
My first job today, is to make a couple of toggle clasps followed by a range of earring components. I will sketch my components in detail and work through the preparation of the silver today.
I've also had some good photos taken of the jewellery I made last week and am inspired to greater things this week. Here they are :

                                 

I have the silver chains ready to add to the pendants and the bead (top right) is waiting to be added to a silver ring. I've made the ring and designed a little basket style setting which I will solder to the ring. The quality photos show the bead style well, I particularly like the veined stones which have polished up beautifully.
Generally, the mix of silver work and polymer clay works well for me and I'm inspired to try more faux gem ideas.
Call in each day this week to share my progress and elements of the production detail.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment