Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Faux Turquiose (3)

Hi Everyone
Just a short update today - I've almost finished the cabachon ring (read back yesterday for details). Lots of extra work developed from resizing, as a result of resizing much of the surface pattern was removed and I needed to 're vein' the polymer. The finished cabachon and the silver needed polishing again but I'm almost there. I need to finally set the stone into the basket and secure the prongs but it's worked well.

                                

The ring is well balanced and feels very comfortable to wear. The cabachon is quite large but I'm happy with the shape and how it looks with the thick, rounded band. I've called the ring Audrey (it makes me think Audrey Hepburn could wear it with style !). 

My other issue from yesterday - ie. developing ideas for my earring components (read back for details). My favourite at the moment is to make some very small faux Turquiose bowl style beads which will sit behind a balled silver ear post. I'm going to make a selection of beads today. I will develop a few different sizes to see which works best. I'm hoping I can make the earrings a '3 in 1' design, using each element separately or in various combinations. Will share my experiments tomorrow.

                                

I've lots of other stuff going on today, so probably that's all I can expect to achieve.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment