Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 25 March 2016

Faux Turquiose (4)

Hi Everyone
Just a little update on progress with my necklace and ring from yesterday's work.

                                

I need to make a thin, black veneer layer for the back of the piece and add the magnets. One magnet for the front and one to be embedded int the bead.

                               

                                

The ring basket has worked well and looks quite delicate but I think it feels solid and balanced when I'm wearing it. The ring basket needs polishing and tidying up and the Faux Turquiose stone needs setting into its finished position. Generally, I like the design. I'm inspired to try it with thicker wire.

I've got a few items to finish off but I'm almost there with the whole Collection of 13 pieces. Hurrah !! I've enjoyed making the Collection but it's time to move on.

As it's Easter holiday time, I will be signing off from my daily blogs for a couple of weeks. I will continue to work on the little finishing jobs and will get some good photos done over the next few weeks. 

Have a great Easter break.
Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment