Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Something New

Hi Everyone
The workshop (yesterday) worked well. All our Makers have started their baskets and all are doing well with the crochet skills. I remember when I was first introduced to crochet techniques and thinking I would never get it ! Often the first attempts will look a bit messy and the best thing to do is - start again. We are all ready to move on and relax into the skill. I failed to get any photos but will get everyone to send me a quick snap. Call in next time for an update on our progress.
In the meantime, I've started a new little project in the Simply Metal series. The first set I'm calling Simply Metal : Organic Circles and the new series I'm calling Simply Metal : Silver Strands. Here is a prototype idea :

                                 

I'm planning to attach a silver chain to the components and use a lariat style fastening.

At the moment, I'm thinking I will use Sterling Silver throughout on this project and again will focus on a core group of pieces. My core group will consist of earring(post),earring(hook),ring,bangle,necklace. 

Thanks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment