Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 May 2016

Ring Gem

Hi Everyone
I've failed to make progress with the Gem Project I talked about at the begining of the week.  So many other things have taken over this week - such as life !! However, I've decided on a specific gem to make my first item. I'm going to start with a green odd shaped stone and will attach it to a plain silver band.

                                  

I hadn't realised the stone was rather an odd shape but I'm going with it, it will be a little different (which appeals).  I will make a standard bezel and simply set the stone after attaching to a ring shank. 
My 'poly gems' have not been made yet, I'm planning to develop a mould to develop the shapes I want. Hopefully I can manage that little task too. I will report progress tomorrow. 

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment