Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 29 June 2016

My Coin Purse - update

Hi Everyone
Just a quick update re the felted coin purse (read back for more details on this story). I've embroidered a little motif, inspired by a card design and added a few beads. As mentioned yesterday, I did want a 'minimal' approach to embroidery on this piece. This is what I've come up with :

                               

I'm reasonably happy with the decoration and it's what I intended. Here's the design inspiration :

                             
 However, 'all is not well ', I used a lighter thread for attaching the frame to the purse and it's not good enough ! ( inside the frame). I didn't have an exact match with the main green/dark grey colour - an exact match would allow the thread to disappear inside the felted wool. So ....... I will acquire some appropriate thread today and redo the job.

I'm hopeful that I can get my next two purses underway, later today.

Thanks for calling by.

No comments:

Post a Comment