Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 July 2016

Yarn Dish Cloths ?

Hi Everyone
It's been a very busy weekend - we had a lovely time in Scotland celebrating a family birthday. I'm now trying to 'catch up' with life ! Not much time for anything creative.
However, against the odds - I've managed to finish a little project (started Friday while watching golf on TV and suffering from a severe head cold). It's a lovely new pistachio dish cloth. I'm going to make a few more because they are so good. I made many knitted dish cloths as a child but these crochet versions are something else !
My intention was to but practice crochet waffle stitch with a view to making a few cushion covers. I've completed a simple square in a single colour using cotton yarn for my dish cloth. My next move is to add another colour (two colours per cloth) and develop some colour patterns. Here is a photo story of my dish cloth :

                                   

The waffle pattern is very simple but effective as a surface pattern, I'm not sure lots of colours will work but I want to experiment and see what happens. The waffle pattern is probably enough of a feature on its own. I'm thinking simple blocked colour areas or boarders ? I need to experiment.
I'm very pleased with my dish cloth and wondering if it's too nice to use ?

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment