Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Yarn Talk

Hi Everyone
I'm featuring a few thoughts about my current obsession with wool yarn today. My studio is brimming with the stuff to knit or crochet. Most of my knitting and crochet activities are my hobby rather than work, although I have introduced a few little projects using yarn, recently.
If you are a regular reader, you will know I've been dying my own yarn. I'm very excited about dying things. So...... last Friday morning was such a treat to go to a local hand painting yarn event and produce more  hand painted yarn. This time it's 4 ply and I'm still pondering what to do with it ? I like the idea of a cardigan using my painted yarn to create vibrant colours along the bottom of the sleeves and body of the cardigan. I've only dyed 100gm, so much more yarn is needed - if I go with the cardigan idea ?
 Here is a quick look at the finished skein :

                                   

I love the colours and am thinking about additional yarn (for my cardigan idea) in light grey shades. I'm not entirely sure how the yarn will knit up but I'm hoping for some irregular striping. 

In the meantime, I've started my next knitting project - a lovely 'poncho'. I see myself wearing the poncho as my everyday warm layer when the weather turns cool. I'm hoping I can throw it over almost any outfit and feel warm and cosy. Here is a quick look at the project :

                                   

The pattern is called Saltwick Bay and is a coastal area which I know, somehow I connect to this place when I'm knitting ? It's a difficult idea to explain but it's certainly inspired me to make a good job of the project and I can't wait to pick up my knitting each evening. I've just started and have the neck part done. I'm now working on increasing stitches for the shoulder area. Much more to go but I'm pleased with progress, so far.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment